Fishing means long hours spent outdoors in pursuit of our elusive quarry.
And it pays to protect yourself from the sun to avoid getting sunburnt and increasing your risk of skin damage and more serious conditions.
We’ve been testing a range of sun protection gear ranging from polarized sunglasses through to trucker hats to help you choose the best way to keep yourself protected from harmful UV rays.
Sunglasses are arguably the most important piece of fishing kit when you are sight fishing.
Being able to cut through the glare and pick out fish often means the difference between a great day and coming home fishless.
We’ve taken the hard work out of researching the best options for fishing sunglasses:
- The best polarized fishing sunglasses
- Prescription polarized fishing sunglasses
- Best polarized for low light conditions
- Best lens colors for polarized sunglasses – green vs brown vs blue and more
- What does VLT stand for in sunglasses?
- Why polarized sunglasses are worth it
- Maui Jim vs Costa: Fishing Sunglasses Showdown
Fishing hats, shirts and face protection
There are a wide range of hat types and styles as well as masks for sun protection.
All of them help you to avoid getting too much sun when you are fishing: