We love crappie fishing at Tackle Village – several members of the team are really keen crappie fishers. Crappie fishing is a great way to get kids into fishing, get some fish for the table and just have a great time on the water.
Crappie are aggressive feeders at the right time (see our guide to spawning season for crappie) and will really attack a range of baits, lures and flies.
Perhaps a good starting point is our guide to catching crappie. It has the right information for aspiring crappie aces and see below for more specific content.
Crappie fishing gear and tips
- Barometric pressure and crappie fishing: Work out the best times to fish
- How to attract crappie to your dock: Five simple tips
- Difference between crappie and bluegill explained
- World record crappie: You won’t believe this monster slab
- Best ice fishing lures for Crappie: Our Top picks Reviewed
- Best Crappie Lures: 16 Top Picks Reviewed
- Best hook size and type for crappie fishing
- Black vs white crappie: How to Tell the Difference and which is Bigger
- The best time of day to fish for crappie: Maximise your sucess
- The Umbrella Rig for crappie: The Secret to Success on Slow Days
Crappie Fishing Tactics
Crappie are plentiful, fun to catch and tasty, so it is little wonder they are such a popular target for anglers.
If you are just starting out in fishing, there are few better fish to target first than crappie.
We’ve got a nice list here of all the gear you need for crappie fishing.
And if fly fishing is your thing, we’ve even got an article by Danny Mooers on catching crappie on a fly rod.