We love crappie fishing at Tackle Village – several members of the team are really keen crappie fishers. Crappie fishing is a great way to get kids into fishing, get some fish for the table and just have a great time on the water.
Crappie are aggressive feeders at the right time (see our guide to spawning season for crappie) and will really attack a range of baits, lures and flies.
Perhaps a good starting point is our guide to catching crappie. It has the right information for aspiring crappie aces and see below for more specific content.
Crappie fishing gear and tips
- Barometric pressure and crappie fishing: Work out the best times to fish
- How to attract crappie to your dock: Five simple tips
- Difference between crappie and bluegill explained
- World record crappie: You won’t believe this monster slab
- Best ice fishing lures for Crappie: Our Top picks Reviewed
- Best Crappie Lures: 16 Top Picks Reviewed
- Best hook size and type for crappie fishing
- Black vs white crappie: How to Tell the Difference and which is Bigger
- The best time of day to fish for crappie: Maximise your sucess
- The Umbrella Rig for crappie: The Secret to Success on Slow Days
Crappie Fishing Tactics
Crappie are plentiful, fun to catch and tasty, so it is little wonder they are such a popular target for anglers.
If you are just starting out in fishing, there are few better fish to target first than crappie.
We’ve got a nice list here of all the gear you need for crappie fishing.