Many of the team at Tackle Village are keen kayak fishermen and women.
Kayak fishing offers great advantages over both shore based and boat based angling including the following:
- Stealth. Fishing in a kayak allows you to approach fish, or likely structure, quietly without alerting them to your presence. The result is undisturbed fish and higher hook up rates than when you approach in a boat with an outboard or trolling motor.
- Flexibility and access. Kayaks can be launched from pretty much anywhere allowing access to fishing spots that are a long way from any boat ramp or too shallow for conventional boat access.
- Convenience. Sometimes it is a lot simpler to throw the kayak on the roof rack of your car or on your trailer (or in your pickup bed) and get out for a quick session without worrying up queueing at the launch ramp and having to wash down your boat.
- Fun. There is something more intimate about being so close the water in a kayak that brings the senses alive. Arriving at the fishing zone using your own muscle power gives you a contentment that other forms of fishing can’t match.
We’ve spend a lot of time using our own kayaks (Hobies mostly) and reviewing and writing about various aspects of fishing kayaks resulting in the following articles:
- Hobie Kayaks Explained
- Hobie Outback vs Pro Angler – how to choose between Hobie’s two main fishing kayaks
- Best inflatable fishing kayak options
- Our best two person fishing kayaks reviewed
- Hobie PA 14 review
- Canoe vs Kayak: Which One is Best for You?
- Best Trolling Motors for a Canoe
Kayak Fishing Gear
Kayak fishing relies on having the right gear, both from a safety point of view, but also it terms of enjoyment and success.
Here are some articles from us on products and ways to make your kayak fishing more enjoyable and successful.
- Best kayak rack for trucks reviewed
- Best kayak cup holders reviewed
- Scotty Rod Holders Reviewed
- Fish lip grippers – best Boga Grip Alternatives
- Best kayak fish finders reviewed
- Best trolling motor for kayaks reviewed
- Choosing a fish finder battery for kayak fishing
- Our best kayak fishing rods reviewed
- Stablility Boost: Our Best Outriggers for Kayak
- Best Pants for Kayak Fishing Reviewed
- Transport your craft: Best kayak carts reviewed
- Fly Fishing From a Canoe: How to do it Effectively and Safely
- Kayak Fishing Gear List