Hobie’s Pro Angler series – particular the Hobie Pro Angler 14 – have been the choice of serious fishermen and women since it was introduced in 2009.
The Pro Angler series has been regularly updated and improved taking in the learnings of professional and amateur anglers alike.
The 2020 Pro Angler 14 is no exception and comes with two significant innovations:
- 360 Drive technology – the Mirage drive can rotate through 360 degrees allowing you to apply propulsion in any direction. This means you can move the Hobie PA 14 sideways as well as backwards.
- Kick-Up fins – insurance for your propulsion system, these fins are designed to kick up on contact with any solid object protecting your fins and the Mirage Drive from damage.
The Hobie PA 14 – 2020 model specifications.
|Specifications||Pro Angler (14’ model)|
|Fitted hull weight||125lb (56.5kg)|
|Seat capacity||350lb (159kg)|
Hobie describes the Pro Angler 14 as everything elite anglers are looking for in a fishing kayak – total control, power, stability, performance, stealth, comfort and feature rich.
Along with the retractable Kick-Up fins and the 360 Drive, the key features of the Hobie PA 14 include:
- Unrivalled stability
- Ability to handle variety of wave conditions
- Ability to stand and fish
- Comfort and space
- Dual steering
- Lots of storage capacity
- Horizontal and vertical rod storage
- H-Rail accessory mounting system for electronics and rod holders
- Luxury Vantage XT or ST seating system
- Lowrance-ready transducer mount
- Guardian Retractable Transducer Shield
Our review of the Pro Angler 14 – five stars
We have some Pro Angler 14 owners in the Tackle Village crew and for a long day on the water in comfort – where weight for launching and loading /unloading is not a factor – this is often their first choice.
The stability of the PA 14 is unrivalled and the Vantage seat ensures the highest level of comfort for the angler is great for those with back issues as it offers good lumbar support.
There’s ample space for tools, nets, rods and even a live well if required.
The Kick-Up fins and the 360 Drive make this an even more versatile fishing kayak.
There’s no better craft for the serious fisherman or woman who is on the water at least every week.
If that’s you – great. If you are still working out if this is too much kayak for you – either on cost grounds or from the perspective of weight, the Hobie Mirage Outback may be a better choice.
Our detailed Hobie Outback vs Pro Angler guide breaks down this critical choice.