Yeti’s products are renowned for being tough and able to cope with a lot of rough treatment.
But sometimes, even with a Yeti product, something does go wrong and you need to make a warranty claim.
In this article we summarise the key facts about the Yeti product warranty and how to access it if you need it.
Does Yeti Have a Lifetime Warranty?
No. Yeti offers a three-year warranty period for some products and a five-year warranty period for others. We’ve spelled out which products fall into each category below.
Applicable Warranty Period for Different Yeti Products
Yeti Five Year Warranties
The following Yeti products are covered by a 5-year limited warranty:
- YETI Tundra Cooler (see our Yeti Tundra review here and our review of the Yeti Tundra Haul Wheeled Cooler)
- YETI V Series Cooler
- YETI Roadie Cooler (see our Yeti Roadie review here)
- YETI Silo Cooler
- YETI Rambler Tumblers, Mugs, Bottles, Flasks and Glasses (see our review of the Yeti wine tumbler and the Yeti Lowball Glass here)
- YETI ICE
- YETI TANK
- YETI LoadOut
- YETI Hondo Chair (see our review of this great chair here)
- YETI Trailhead Camp Chair
- YETI Boomer Dog Bowl
Yeti Three Year Warranties
- YETI Hopper Soft Cooler (see our review of the Yeti Hopper soft cooler here)
- YETI Panga Bag (see our Yeti Panga backpack review here)
- YETI Camino Bag (see our Yeti Camino Carryall review here)
- YETI SideKick Dry Bag (see our Yeti Sidekick Dry Bag review here)
- YETI Tocayo Backpack
- YETI Lowlands Blanket (see our Yeti Lowlands blanket review here)
- YETI Trailhead™ Dog Bed (see our review of the Yeti Trailhead dog bed here)
- YETI Crossroad Backpack (see our review of the Yeti Crossroad Backpack here)
Yeti Warranty Process and Conditions
- Yeti Colors: Complete Guide
- Can I Put Yeti Rambler Products in the Dishwasher
- Are Yeti Rambler products microwave safe (no)
Starting the warranty process
You can download the warranty form from this page on the Yeti website to start the process of claiming under the limited warranty.
They will come back to you within 7-10 business days from submitting the online form. If your warranty claim is approved, they will supply Return Material Authorization number (RMA#) and a pre-paid shipping label.
Yeti suggests the following guidelines for shipping defective products:
- Pack your item securely in adequate cardboard packaging to ensure there is no damage to the returned product during transit.
- Insert any related paperwork inside your box. This will include your printed Return Material Authorization number (RMA#) and packing slip.
- Attach your return label to the package.
- Ship your return based on the shipping label provided.
Yeti Warranty Conditions
Obviously you need to have bought the product within the past three or five years (depending on the actual product). Beyond that, there are some basic conditions that you must have complied with to complete your warranty claim successfully.
In order for your warranty claim to be approved, the following conditions must be met:
- You must have purchased the product from a YETI authorized dealer;
- You must provide proof as to the date of purchase from the YETI authorized dealer
- You must return the product to YETI
- You must have used the product only as intended and in accordance with the product’s care instructions.
Note that authorized Yeti dealers include local stores, the Yeti website and Amazon and many other online and bricks and mortar sellers. Authorized dealers include Bass Pro, Dick’s Sporting Goods and many more outdoor shops. You can find an authorised dealer near you via this link.
It is worth noting that customisations and other alterations to your Yeti product will invalidate the warranty. And the limited warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear such as fading colors or scratches.
Yeti’s warranty team also notes on the website with respect to what the warranty does not cover: “The warranty does not cover defects caused by third-party modifications, repairs, or replacement parts. Punctures, scratches, normal wear and tear, and the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use are not warranted.”
Like for Like Replacement
Yeti’s warranty policy is to replace the defective item with the same model. If the model or Yeti product that you have made a warranty claim on has been discontinued, Yeti will provide you with its closest equivalent in the new range.
Yeti Product Warranty Replacement Timeline
According to the timeline on the Yeti website, the defective product should be replacement within 21 days of the warranty claim being submitted.
Yeti products are renowned for their quality of workmanship and defects in workmanship are very rare.
Nonetheless, if you do find an issue with workmanship and materials and have your proof of purchase, you are likely to be covered by the limited warranty and can expect the defective product to be be replaced within three weeks.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?