Spinning rods are the simplest type of rod used in fish. Pair them up with a good spinning reel and you have a cheap and effective spinning combo that you can use to target a range of species.
As well as being cheaper than baitcasting rods, spinning rods are easier to use and are ideal for beginners or children starting their fishing journey (check out our article on the merits of spinning rods vs baitcasting rods here).
Spinning Rod Reviews
We have put together a range of posts on the best spinning rods for a variety of purposes or different species:
Spinning Rod Comparisons
- Ugly Stik GX2 vs Elite
- Fenwick HMG vs HMX
- Spinning Rod vs Casting Rod: What’s the Best Choice for You?
Rods for Particular Fish Species or Lure
Sometimes anglers want to choose a rod for a particular fish species as that’s the one that they spend the most time chasing and it is important that they have gear that’s selected with this fish in mind.
Or alternative, they might want to choose a rod based on the kind of lure they want to throw so that the rod has the right action and power throwing the lure and retrieving it in the most effective way.
- Best Chatterbait Rod: Our Top Picks Reviewed
- Best Frog Rods: our Top Picks Reviewed
- What’s the Best Topwater Rod on the Market?
- Best Rods for Trout Reviewed
- Best Spinning Rods for Bass
- Best Kayak Fishing Rod: How to Choose a Great Rod