This article is dedicated to helping you pick a decent pair of pants from among the Patagonia mens pants range (see here for our breakdown of the women’s pants range). We’ve highlighted our top 10 picks from seven different ranges: fishing, hiking , climbing, work wear, jeans, casual wear, and running/yoga.
Patagonia’s Men’s Fishing Pants Range
These pants are really cool. You can rock them to work, fishing, or any casual expedition you may fancy. They are generally light, shed moisture quickly and remain breathable regardless of the intensity of the activity at hand. Their durability is a huge plus because chances are you might be inclined to live in them.
At an affordable price of $119, these amazing and laid-back-looking fishing pants could be a part of your collection. They are very comfortable, stretchy, and are perfect for waddling. They can be worn under waders and their stretch insulation offers warmth when wet.
- Recycled polyester and moisture shedding DWR (durable water resistance )fabric.
- Articulated knees, tapered ankles, and gusseted crotch.
- Bottom closure, two front pockets, and zippered pocket.
This range is sturdy, versatile, and light. The pants are made from 100% post-consumer recycled nylon faille made from fishing nets to help reduce ocean plastic pollution. Men’s Guidewear II pants are performance-focused with quick-drying fabric which makes them great for wet wading, and they cost $119.
- Side pocket, lower side security, rear zippered pockets.
- Stretch panels on front-high, seat, and knee area.
- Elasticized waist with durable belts loops.
Patagonia’s Men’s Hiking Pants Range
I can never insist enough on the importance of gearing up for aerobic activities such as hiking. The quality of the pants you wear determines your overall performance and experience. Patagonia men’s pants are usually made with customer satisfaction in mind and these are no different. To sweeten the pot more, you can wear these while, hiking, biking, fishing, for casual wear or for work
Altivia Trail Pants
This brand’s price is $119 and comes in two colors: black and new navy. They are made from recycled polyester to withstand long active days. They are flexible, excellent fit for 5″4 and 5″6 but they are clingy and not breathable.
- Zippered drainage pockets at the front, thigh, and back.
- Articulated leg, gusseted cuffs, and straight panel gusset.
- Comfortable elasticized waistband and lightweight.
Point Peak Trail Pants
These hiking pants are functional and are for all seasons. They are made of 90% recycled Spandex with PFC-DWR, are of high quality, and cost $129. They are a bit short for very tall men.
- Abrasion-resistant front paneling at the front, mid-thighs to cuffs and seat area.
- Cuffs with center-front boot hooks.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated legs to enable movements.
Patagonia’s Men’s Jeans Range
You know how a pair of jeans impresses you but ends up being stuffy, restrictive and itchy during hot spells? Well not this range. Patagonia outdid themselves with these pants. They are soft, comfortable, remain breathable and can be worn even in an office setting.
Performance Twill Jeans
Performance Twill jeans are slim- straight fit, lightweight, versatile, and easy to wear than any other type of jeans. They are stretchy, breathable, and feels good next to your skin and they cost $99.
- Solid weft organic cotton and naturally water-resistant material.
- Button closure and zip fly.
- Classic 5 pockets with antique nickel shank.
This pair’s price is $159, its fabric is light and has soft shell protection for cold weather, and still allows you to shed excess moisture and heat strategically placed breathable panels. They can be worn while running, hiking, skiing, or walking your dog. The pants feel soft against the skin and their ability to cut the wind and remain comfortable is a huge plus.
- Breathable peak missions tights fabric panels lower back legs, waistband, and side panels.
- Soft, stretchy waistband with external cords and two no-bounce side pockets.
- Zippered openings at cuffs with stretch woven gusset and reflective logo.
Patagonia Climbing Pants.
For maximum performance while rock climbing, then Patagonia climbing pants should be at the top of your shopping list. These pants are hands down the toughest, breathable stylish, flexible pants around.
These are the lightest synthetic pants for multi-pitch rock climbs in the market. They are comfortable, dry fast, keeps you going fast and protected. With a price of $89 you can stay breezy all day as you work, hike, lounge in the pack, or climb a rock.
- Made of breathable nylon polyester fabric with DWR.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated pattern darted knee for easy movements and comfort under the harness.
- Adjustable waist and cuffs, 1 front drop-in pocket, and 2 rear entry pockets
Men’s Venga Rock Climbing Pants
This particular pair of pants is designed for freedom of movement and maximum comfort under the harness. They have durable and breathable fabric with a DWR finish that also regulates temperature. Men’s Venga rock pants can be used as casual wear, worn for work, climbing, fishing, hiking, and cost only $89.
- Adjustable waistband with integrated belts.
- Updated fit articulated pattern, darted knee, and gusset.
- 2 drop-in front pockets, two rear-top pockets, and soft-catch mesh side pockets.
Patagonia men’s workwear pants are built to withstand long, tough working hours and at the same time protect you and keep your tools handy. Not forgetting the best and most important part which is you remain comfortable as you work.
This durable, lightweight brand offers the toughness, comfort, durability needed for warm-weather work. The pants fit true to waist size but are a bit roomy on the legs to accommodate wide-range movements. They are stylish with wide legs fit for all seasons, versatile, and cost $69.
- Gusseted crotch and contour waistband with seven belt loops.
- Double fabric knees with knee pad inserts.
- Deep drop-in pockets with gusset four clip-on tools
The tough and comfortable fabric of the pants feels good against the skin. They are of easy-wearing and hardworking construction and have a more relaxed fit above the knees and tapered legs. The pants cost $79 and they are suitable for working, hiking, and casual purposes.
- Deep drop-in pockets with gusseted grip on tools.
- Utility pockets with slanted entry.
- Deep patched on seat pockets.
Patagonia’s Casual Men’s Pants Range
The casual wear range has the most comfortable, versatile pants you can find!
These are comfortable fleece pants made with polyester and soft organic cotton. The fit of the pants is best for larger frames. They cost $79.
- 2 slanted front pockets, one right rear pocket, and zippered side pocket.
- Internal drawstring waistband.
- Soft rib-knit cuffs which feel soft on the skin.
Men’s Lightweight Synchilla Snap Fleece Pants
They are warm, comfortable, and made of 100% recycled polyester fleece. They have a large fit, great for long legs. They are really great at seating down for an extended period of time and keeping warm. You can get them for $99.
- Elasticized waistband and an integrated buckle belt.
- 2 on seam hand warmer pockets and a rear snap- pockets.
- Gusseted crotch and lightweight fabric.
Patagonia Running Tights and Yoga Leggings for Men.
Patagonia running pants are comfortable to make a hard fun feel that little bit easier.
These joggers are breathable, quick drying, lightweight with a comfortable waistband and cuffs. They cost $79-$89 and are perfect for running, bordering, yoga and can pass as casual wear.
- Articulated knee and 2 drop-in pockets and back right zippered pockets.
- Slim-jogger fit with stretch knit waistband(adjustable) and cuffs.
- Reflective logo.
This range is designed for mountain running. They are great for layering to cut the chill during early morning runs while maintaining breathability. They cost $129.
- Cuffs with snaps for adjustability.
- Internal pockets can be used as stuff sack.
- Flat, soft adjustable waistband and reflective logo.
Final thoughts on Patagonia’s pants range for Men.
Patagonia has pledged 1% of every sale to the preservation and restoration of the natural environment. They have Patagonia store voluntary recall of certain 50+ UPF styles free shipping and offer free shipping on orders above $49.
For international shipping, visit their store locator page to find if your country is in the list of countries that can order online.
Visit their website to know how your clothes are made and recycled clothes are turned into new garments.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?